Fresh Sour Cherry Pie
Use your favorite pie crust recipe for this pie.
- 4 cups fresh cherries, washed, drained, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In a bowl, stir together cherries and almond extract.
- In another bowl, combine sugar and flour and mix evenly.
- Combine cherries and sugar/flour mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour filling into the pastry-lined pie pan.
- Lay the top crust over the filling. Trim the top crust 1/2- to 3/4-inch beyond the bottom crust.
- Fold the top crust under the edge of the bottom crust, catching it inside the fold. Flute edge in desired pattern.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake in 425˚F oven 35 to 45 minutes, until nicely browned.